25.7.16

Grow Up


See, I'm trying to find my place
But it might not be here where I feel safe
We all learn to make mistakes
Cause I'm just one of those ghosts
Travelin' endlessly
And now I'm told that this is life
That pain is just a simple compromise
So we can get what we want out of it

Now that I'm in my twenties, I realize time is passing faster than ever. Freedom becomes increasingly expensive and scarce. My priorities reshuffle so much in this year alone and I've made some life-altering decisions. I never know if I make the right moves. The term "coming of age" is defined as "the age or occasion when one formally becomes an adult". Growing up, I believed adulthood was marked by age and milestones. Is it really? Is adulthood romanticized? I have been thinking a lot about adulthood lately. Having completed my degree in school and securing a full-time job, I thought I would have figured it out by now. Truth is, I have not. Perhaps none of us ever will. If anything, the transition into so-called adulthood feels like a lonely and uncertain one. 

Anyway, Nigel took me to Kombi Rocks, a retro concept diner located North of Singapore. Its interior is plastered with 1960s memorabilia such as posters of The Beatles and mod girls on Vespas. Car collectors would love the owner's collection of vintage automobiles. I love nostalgic spaces like this! The boyfriend knows exactly how to cheer me up. Thank you. <3

I'm wearing vintage Beth Michael's romper, mom's vintage leather bag, G.H. Bass oxfords and vintage Casio watch.

Photos by Nigel.